Federal & Financial Aid

FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID can be awarded by the government and by the institution of higher learning that you attend.  The amount of financial aid offered is based on need and can come in the form of grants or loans. The FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid) can be filled out starting October 1 of the senior year.  We know filling out FAFSA can be confusing, but if you need some one on one help you may contact Rolando Rodriguez at either rrodriguez@wacofoundation.org or (254)-752-9457.  See below for details.

  • US Department of Education's College Scorecard (a searchable college affordability database; scroll to the bottom for the "paying for college" section)
  • The Financial Aid Process
  • Use the FAFSA 4Caster to estimate your eligibility
  • Sign up for your FSA ID Number (for students and parents; used to "sign" documents electronically)
  • Start your FAFSA Application
  • Need step-by-step help working through your FAFSA application?  Use this guide from Nitro.
  • Access help from an online FAFSA assistant
  • LendEDU is a free text-in resource that provides prompt answers to your questions.
  • Another source of reliable, free information is the Texas Financial Aid Information Center at phone ‚Äčnumber 1-888-311-8881.

NON-FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID is available from some colleges.  For schools that do offer this option, students will need to complete the CSS Profile application.


The China Spring Counseling Department works closely with our Social Work department.  Please refer to the resources listed on the Social Services Tab of the website.  The district is providing this list of resources as tools for our students but in no way is it an inclusive list of every resource available. Neither the counselors nor social workers are directly affiliated with any of the mentioned resources. The District makes no representation or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of any of the material located on other sites.  Please note the linked sites are not under the control of the China Spring ISD, and China Spring ISD is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites.